Who knew that the humble banana offered so many beauty benefits for skin? It’s rich in powerful anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, and moisture. This fruit will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough and aging skin. If you have acne-prone oily skin, you can use it topically for oil control and to reduce further breakouts.
Benefits for Your Skin
Banana is great not just for your skin, but one’s overall health as well. There are many powerful nutrients contained in the fruit that make it the perfect addition to your all natural face masks. Some of these include:
Top 5 Benefits
- Skin moisturizer. Rich in potassium and moisture, it will hydrate and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple. If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork, and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth. Rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin.
- Oil control. If you’ve got oily greasy skin, use a simple banana face mask with lemon juice and honey. Banana is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface. It also contains and contains moisture, potassium, and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin. Mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water.
- Anti-aging effects. Bananas, also known as nature’s botox, contain super wrinkle fighting nutrients that helps fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Coupled with other wrinkle-busting kitchen ingredients, you can gently nourish, exfoliate and protect mature skin. Slather on a thick coat of a powerful anti aging banana face mask containing one mashed banana, 1 teaspoon orange juice, and 1 teaspoon thick yogurt.
- Treats acne. Banana and its peels are excellent homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria. Also, use a face mask with mashed banana, honey, and turmeric to brighten skin, reduce acne, and moisturize your skin. Wash this off with cold water and pat your face dry. Remember to be consistent to see results.
- Lightens dark spots. Whether it’s acne scars, tiny moles, age spots, or just dark spots that make your face dull, you can reduce them and even out general skin discolorations by applying mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week.